You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mwkeys

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 10:24am

House slab watering system

Hi I am new here and want to create an automatic watering system for my house slab. I am here in Houston TX and have the regions typical clay soil. What kind of tubing ect should I use for this type of system. I was using burried soaker hoses that I turned on manually but I found I did not turn them on often enough and the dogs dug up the old lines so I have to start from scratch. Any info would be helpful.
Mike

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 1:02pm

what is a house slab? When I hear this I think the foundation of the house.

Do you mean your interested in irrigating your property lot?
Do you mean your interested in irrigating the shrub beds that boarder along your house?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, April 25th 2011, 11:04am

It sounds like you might be talking about a drip irrigation system to water bushes and flower beds against the house? If so, the dogs digging things up can be a problem. There are some pop-up drip irrigation systems I've seen that rainbird produces, but don't know how well it would fit your plan.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 25th 2011, 2:18pm

It's about maintaining constant soil-moisture content so that the expansive soil can't shift the foundation. For the OP, if dogs are destroying the plastic pipe, you have to go to a material they can't damage.

mwkeys

Monday, April 25th 2011, 6:07pm

Wet boots is correct about the application. I had soaker hose buried and that is what my one dog dug up. So now I have to start from scratch. I want to set up an automated system to water the foundation.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:19am

You might be able to cover a buried emitter line with steel mesh hardware cloth, and keep the dogs away from it that way.

Rate this thread