You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HaroldB

Starting Member

Monday, September 15th 2003, 10:35am

Fuse Blowing

I have a Toro system (hardware)and recently had to replace the timer. It worked fine for 3-4 weeks. Zone one recently would not open even though the timer showed it operating. I can manually open it but it will not open with the timer.

Now, when I bypass zone 1 to use 2, 3, 4 (while I contemplate replacing the valve in zone one) the system will open the applicable zone, water, then when it goes to ope the next zone, the fuse in the timer blows.

Does the fact that zone one valve could be bad have anything to do with the fuse blowing when the other zones operate?

Thanks

Harold

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 17th 2003, 10:41am

Hi,
To be honest toro doesnt make any good irrigation products except for the 570 Spray heads. I wouldnt even bother replacing fuses becuase i doubt the controller would last long....if you can i would return the Toro controller and replace it with an Hunter SRC...found at an awesome price at Sprinkler Warehouse. THis controller is not only made 20 times better but is reall easy to use...and can accomadate any watering schedule.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 17th 2003, 10:41am

Hi,
To be honest toro doesnt make any good irrigation products except for the 570 Spray heads. I wouldnt even bother replacing fuses becuase i doubt the controller would last long....if you can i would return the Toro controller and replace it with an Hunter SRC...found at an awesome price at Sprinkler Warehouse. THis controller is not only made 20 times better but is reall easy to use...and can accomadate any watering schedule.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, September 26th 2003, 5:05am

Well, as for Toro making poor timers, I agree...but as for the advice given to the poor guy...don't agree. Never even addressed his problem dude!

If he is still watching this forum, which probably he isn't I'll try and help:

the reason the fuse pops is generally a bad solenoid or direct short in the wiring from timer to valves. The fact that zone 1 doesn't work, leads me to believe a possible wiring problem exists.....I think that because he says that the other zones cause the fuse to pop.

I would start by using my voltmeter to check the ohms on solenoids 1 - 4 from the timer. But...as a DIYer, you may not be able to do that.....let us know if you're still watching so we can help you if necessary.

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread