You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GaNut

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 8:17pm

GaNut needs help with eimitter sizes needed!!!

OK.....new user needs a little help.

I have 17 pecan trees that are 5" in diameter. I currently have a 3hp well pump that pumps 12 gmp with 20 psi at the pump's faucet. There is 3/4" pvc run to each tree with a faucet at each one. This worked well watering smaller trees a few at a time, but I want to put an emitter at each tree to water at night when the GaNut is asleep....... I checked and I 6 gpm at fartherest tree and 8 gpm at a medium distance. If I turn on all 17 at one time...it ain't gonna work. A few do not have any water coming out at all.

My question is, what emmiter size can my system handle to provide the most water possible per tree with variable pressure at each tree when wanting constant and equal water distribution. What options do I have or ANY other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also, what is the easiest way to turn the main line off and on with some type of timer for the 3/4" pvc line?

Thanks,

GaNut

"I ain't a plumber" :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 10:16am

Use discrete emitters in a combination that matches your supply. The water will have to be filtered to keep the emitters clean.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Single-Outlet-Drip-Emitters-s/2790.htm