You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 8:05am

Electric Valve 3Volt Help

-Hi , I want to make a watering system in my garden with moisture sensor , electric valve and iris or telosB sensors to control the valve.

-I am in decision to buy the electric valve , the matter is that i want to control the flow of water to irrigate with a voltage 3 volts, because so (3volts) is the voltage of sensors iris/telosB that will be used.

-Could anyone suggest me an electric valve like this (for my situation) , is there anywhere such an electric valve to buy?

Thank you.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 9:52am

No such thing - communicate with the manufacturer/distributor of the sensors and learn from them how to interface with a sprinkler system

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 10:27am

hi , i have searched in the internet but i didn't find something yet , do you know for sure that there isn't an valve such this? Any more help will be usefull..thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 7:52pm

Go to the source - the manufacturer of the product you wish to use.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 10:10pm

I reviewed those 2 devices you listed.. They don't appear to be moisture sensors at all, they are hummidity sensors and have other applications such as light sensors ect for indoor use only

Additionally both of these devices have a 0-3v input onto the processor... This is not the supply power, they both state they use 2 Double- A batteries.

I'm not an expert on the best kind of moisture sensors..

But a standard application these days is to have a Controller , A Moisture sensor control unitand a electronic valve with flow control

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 7:48am

when you say have reviewed the two in list ,do you mean iris and telob ?

These are sensors, neither moisture nor humidity , just sensors. with 3v two batteries.
I think that moisture and humidity sensors are the same sensors.

Ok but i want to use iris sensors to control the flow of water, perhaps there is a voltage converter to use between iris and valve?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "George_1985" (Apr 28th 2011, 1:38pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 11:58am

You very much don't get it. Sensors do not operate valves.

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 8:48pm

Take a look about wireless sensors motes , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensor_node#Controller .
And a pdf (2 pages) about iris mote , http://www.memsic.com/support/documentation/wireless-sensor-networks/category/7-datasheets.html?download=135%3Airis .
Any help is usefull.
Thanks.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 10:39pm

Wow!!!

I gave you advice and you chose not to listen... I posted links and went out of my way to help out out...
These items you are talking about have absolutely nothing to do with watering.

Your basically saying that my cell phone is a moisture sensor because it has a ' Sensor ' inside that detects movement and my finger touching the screen... Really????? Wow I didn't know I could shove my phone in the ground and get proper moisture readings... That's so cool!

Your an Idiot!!!

I mean did you even read the 2 links of what you just posted?????!?!?!?!??!

The wikipedia link is just a description of what a node is.. Simple enough.. So what's your point, this has nothing to do with watering your effing garden

Your PDF file YOU POSTED CLEARLY STATES ITS FOR INDOOR USE ONLY, IT'S 2X DOUBLE AA BATTERY OPERATION WITH A 3V PROCESSOR . IT ALSO SAYS ITS Acoustic, Video, Vibration and Other High Speed Sensor Data applications..
Your other sensor you linked states basically the same thing except it can read humidity? I Have a humidity analog reader in my house.. There nothing special...

Go ahead though, buy this stuff and shove it in the ground.. See if it works.... Moron!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mitchgo" (Apr 28th 2011, 10:44pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 29th 2011, 8:02am

.....but tell us how you really feel. :)

Rate this thread