You are not logged in.

krantzr

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:26am

RainBird ESP-6Si

My Rain bird ESP-6Si has an error message "PR Off". I opened it up and the fuse was blown, Replaced with a new one and it Blew. I checked the voltage that the transformer was putting out and it was 27.4 VAC not the 26.8 VAC as Rated on the unit? could this be the problem? I also checked all of the zone wiring for continuity to common and there seems to be no continuity and therefor no short? The newer units are 24 VDC so I can't simply replace the controller as the zone valves are AC, is this asumption correct? What to try next?

Thanks

krantzr

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:46am

Check the resistances of the zones, to see if you have a short. No problems with a voltage reading slightly higher than the label - that is characteristic of transformers.

mrfixit

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:21pm

I answered this question yesterday. Why are you starting a new thread? You're using your meter wrong.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 11:34am

No worries Krantz. I see you didn't do anything wrong. My fault.

Krantz sent me this:

Sorry,
My account was new and it didn't ask me for the second part of registration and I posted but when I logged in my account had not been established. So I had to set it up again and then I was able to Log on . All previous strings were lost.

Sorry But today I ran a new wire and identified the broken wire and got all zones working but one and my transformer and timer are not blowing fuses any more. I have 5 zones wired with 3 3 conductor cables all whites are commoned and wired to the common terminal. I have located a box that has two cables wired to what seems like 3 valves ( one I can see) the two greens are jumpered to a black wire. The two reds are jumpered, and the 2 whites (commons) arejumpered with a black wire.

Zone 2 was what I identified as my orignal problem. A broken wire, but after running a new wire Zone two works fine but zone 4 dos'nt? Since they where connected to each other in the field I tried moving my new wire from the terminal for zone 2 to the terminal for zone 4 and the timer now runs zone 2 sprinklers when it tells me I am watering zone 4?

I put it back to the correct terminal. I still cannot get zone 4 to come on? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Sorry about the mistake yesterday.

Rate this thread