You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

krantzr

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:26am

RainBird ESP-6Si

My Rain bird ESP-6Si has an error message "PR Off". I opened it up and the fuse was blown, Replaced with a new one and it Blew. I checked the voltage that the transformer was putting out and it was 27.4 VAC not the 26.8 VAC as Rated on the unit? could this be the problem? I also checked all of the zone wiring for continuity to common and there seems to be no continuity and therefor no short? The newer units are 24 VDC so I can't simply replace the controller as the zone valves are AC, is this asumption correct? What to try next?

Thanks

krantzr

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:46am

Check the resistances of the zones, to see if you have a short. No problems with a voltage reading slightly higher than the label - that is characteristic of transformers.

mrfixit

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:21pm

I answered this question yesterday. Why are you starting a new thread? You're using your meter wrong.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 11:34am

No worries Krantz. I see you didn't do anything wrong. My fault.

Krantz sent me this:

Sorry,
My account was new and it didn't ask me for the second part of registration and I posted but when I logged in my account had not been established. So I had to set it up again and then I was able to Log on . All previous strings were lost.

Sorry But today I ran a new wire and identified the broken wire and got all zones working but one and my transformer and timer are not blowing fuses any more. I have 5 zones wired with 3 3 conductor cables all whites are commoned and wired to the common terminal. I have located a box that has two cables wired to what seems like 3 valves ( one I can see) the two greens are jumpered to a black wire. The two reds are jumpered, and the 2 whites (commons) arejumpered with a black wire.

Zone 2 was what I identified as my orignal problem. A broken wire, but after running a new wire Zone two works fine but zone 4 dos'nt? Since they where connected to each other in the field I tried moving my new wire from the terminal for zone 2 to the terminal for zone 4 and the timer now runs zone 2 sprinklers when it tells me I am watering zone 4?

I put it back to the correct terminal. I still cannot get zone 4 to come on? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Sorry about the mistake yesterday.

Rate this thread