You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sgursahaney

Unregistered

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 7:18am

Are there alternatives to Rainbird sprinkler heads?

I am a novice when it comes to our sprinkler system, but every year it seems we have to get some of our heads replaced because they have been damaged during the winter due to overacheiving snow plows. This year, I was going to try to replace the heads myself. I have two heads that were damaged this year: 1) a mister head that doesn't seem to have any markings, 2) a rotor head that has the markings T40-20 TBird Rainbird. I think all of my sprinkler heads are Rainbird 5000 series, but I cannot be sure. Are there suitable replacements for these heads, or do I need to specifically use Rainbird? Either way, can you provide me with the links on your site for what I need to order?

Thanks.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 5:04pm

I am not a proffessional, BUT! Your not supposed to mix spray heads and rotors on the same zone together. Any brand will work for replacing the heads. Make sure to match the GPM on the nozzles though. You can use Hunter, Rainbird, Toro, Orbit, K-Rain....etc. Although, I always try to keep it to 1 kind/brand for the whole system. Hunter and Rainbird are the best. I would stay away from Toro, they easily break. Orbit is o.k. for systems, but still fail relativly quickly, so I would avoid Orbit.

Anybody else, please correct be if I'm wrong :)
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 10:17pm

Very good advice sean!

As a professional, In my opinion I think Rain Bird is the best. However , every major irrigation company has their consumer products and commercial grade products.. MOST of the items and lowes and home depot don't compare to professional grade quality

Here is are some links

Pop up spray heads

Pop up rotor heads

Rate this thread