You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

flnan

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 7:24pm

Using a hose with the system

I just bought a house that has the toro greenskeeper 212 sprinkler system. i have never used a sprinkler system before. the former owner has a hose hooked up to this system, but i have to run the sprinklers to use it. is there a way to turn off the sprinklers and just use the hose?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 10:55pm

Depends on how it was installed.

If it was installed on the Main line ( Constantly charged line) and the system has a Master Valve that prevents the Main line from being constantly on then it is fairly doable to turn it on with out the sprinklers running.

If it was installed into the lateral of a particular zone, the hose bib will only work when that zone runs. ( For example, You have to turn on zone 2 in order to run the hose bib) Then that's just how that is, you could re-work it though and put it on mainline

Open up your controller and look for a port that's called MV ( Master Valve) / PUMP , look and see if there is a wire in there and let us know.

Rate this thread