You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mebetodd

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 5:01pm

2 zones not working

Trying to fix a 4 valve system. 2 of 4 are working properly. The 2 that are not working wont turn on with the auto timer, however they will operate when I turn the bleeder or solenoid. I replaced the solenoid on both valves, re-wired all 4 zones at the box, still no luck with those 2 zones. I also checked connections at the control panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 1:37am

Sounds like a broken wire somewhere in the field
Do you have a multimeter?

Ohm out that valves by touching the particular valve and the common, if you don't get a reading or an infinite number then you have a broken wire somwhere

As a tech, my next step would to simply wire trace out the line to where the break is, this may be more difficult for a homeowner. I know you can rent wire tracers, it may be easier to install a new wire from the controller to the valve box?

Rate this thread