You are not logged in.

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 12:04am

btw 1.5" mainline sch40pvc 250-350ft (didn't change the numbers much). and 1.0" cl200pvc for the laterals. 70-250' would all be fairly safe. 5.19ft/sec and 2.7 to 9.6 psi loss respectively

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 1:18pm

bought my 1.5" sch 40 to send water to the back. My wife said we should hold off on the additional laterals and sprinklers because f the expenses. I plan to place 4 T's on the field and run a hose off each one and run multiple (mini) raintrains in order to cut down on price. I plan to add the lateralls later. The raintrains use about 6gpm each and so I will try to run 3 which will be max gpm on my copper pipe, but running 4 at 24gpm will be awfully tempting. Materials are starting to add up, but I plan to use a backflow preventer and valves to shut off the main water supply and each of the zones. I can't wait to hook up sprinklers, but the wife must be on board or the ship will surley sink... and sprinklers won't keep a sinking ship from sinking!

Thank you HooKooDooKu for the links to the tutorial and advice.

Thank you wetboots for inspiring me to check and re-check my crazy flow numbers

Thank you Mitchgo for the "right on" advice and your links to exactly what your talking about.

You guys and others have made my rapidly confused mind more calm and confident about my lawn and watering ability. I have two young children which I hope to provide with an outlet for their energy and abilities. Your help with the water will ensure my success.

Thanks,

Jason

Rate this thread