You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ALwaterboy

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:13pm

A 1500 gal rain barrel, jet pump and a tank

are the main parts of my watering system. I have a little Giant 1.5 hp, 71 gpm, 45 psi jet pump, 2 inch intake and 1.5 inch discharge. The tank is a 36 gal diaphragm pressurized tank. I plan to mount the pump directly over the center of the tank for a 5 ft lift. I can add a number of heads but for now i have 16 fixed heads that will deliver .65 gpm for a total of 10.4 gpm. Another zone has 8 single stream rotary heads with 2.8 gpm for a total of 22.4 gpm. Is this 36 gal tank enough volume to keep the pump from short cycling? Since the jet pump produces 45 psi, will this be too strong for the heads or tank? ?(

Rate this thread