You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JoeNotThePlumber

Unregistered

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 1:01am

Rainbird 100-PGA solenoid replacement

I have a Total Control 15 station controller going to Rainbird 100-PGA valves. One of the valves has gone bad and the controller reports it as short. I have determined that the solenoid on the faulty valve needs replacement. I have seen replacement solenoids and know that threads are what hold the solenoid in place. There is also a illustration diagram on the irrigationrepair.com web site that shows the way to remove the old solenoid is simply to twist it off. I tried and tried and cannot get the faulty solenoid off the valve. If I twist it any harder, I risk damaging the valve head and turning the project into a much bigger problem. Is there a trick in removing the old solenoid?

Please help.

mrfixit

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:17am

Unscrew it just like a lightbulb. Counterclockwise. Take the handle off of the solenoid if there is one. Use that to turn turn turn the solenoid til it comes off. Twist harder, it'll move. Use channellocks if you have to.