You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Goldy

Starting Member

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 8:56pm

Short in the back yard

Hi Guys,

We just bought our first house and were unable to get the sprinklers working. We were able to get the front yard working manually so I replaced the valves and those work great now. The backyard is the issue, the control pannel says that I have a short and the sprinklers wern't manually working so I replaced all the valves hoping this would fix the problem. They work manually now but not on the timer, it still says I have a short. Whats the next step?

Is there any chance that the actual controller could be bad? Its a Toro Master Lawn I.

Otherwise I probably need to rerun the wires. If thats the case, does anyone have any tips on how to run wiring or how to check if the wiring is bad? Could it just be a bad fuse?

Thanks a bunch!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 16th 2011, 5:53am

Use a multimeter to check the wiring for faults

Rate this thread