You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bherholz

Starting Member

Monday, May 16th 2011, 12:06pm

J Hardie HR 6100 controller

To whom this may concern,

Can anyone tell me why my Hardie controller turns my sprinkler system on at the scheduled time and day that is set to start, when I have the system power switch in the off/rain position? When I go to the control swich and turn it on manually and off again, it shuts the system off like it's supposed to do but then the next scheduled day it comes on again, with the switch in the off position. Can someone with ideas please fill me in as to whether or not I may need a new controller or what the problem may be? Thank you!

temporary water waster,

Bob 8)

mrfixit

Monday, May 16th 2011, 1:25pm

If resetting the controller by unplugging it and taking out the back up battery for five minutes doesn't work then you need a new controller. That HR's pretty old.

BobF

Unregistered

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 9:26am

Hardie 6 station - problem

Trying to start my system for the season. I went the control switch to manual to run the indivual statons and on each station when I push On I get what I think is an error code the word -- Short.
Any ideas what the problem is ?

mrfixit

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 2:00pm

Try disconnecting the ground wire from the controller. If you still get the "short", there's a problem with the controller. If not, there's a problem in the wiring.

BobF

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 11:57am

Hardie 6 station

Try disconnecting the ground wire from the controller. If you still get the "short", there's a problem with the controller. If not, there's a problem in the wiring.
Thank you - It looks like the controller, I've disconnected the ground wire as well as each station and still displays short. I understand Hardie is no longer in business , my controller is the 6 channel and 15 years old. Any ideas where I can buy one?

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 5:46pm

You're not going to find one easily unless there's one on Ebay. Here's a good replacement controller.

Make sure you buy an outdoor model if the controller's mounted outdoors.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Pro-C-Conventional-Controllers-Timers-s/7015.htm

Rate this thread