You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

robertk54

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 5:13pm

Need to replace Toro Super 600 heads

I have to replace a few heads on my system. The existing ones are Toro Super 600 (S600 PC 2.5). Toro recommends the Super 800 but these appear to be 1" taller. This would require more digging in order to get the pipes deeper to compensate. Is there any other product I can use which will simplify the replacement?

Thanks,
Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 9:05am

The only even-remotely-possible easy replacement would be a Toro Super700 head, on account of it uses the same body as the old S600, BUT, the S700 is also a taller head, if not as tall as the common heads of today.

Since heads are usually slightly below grade after enough years, I find it easy enough to swap out a S700 in place of a S600. If your S600 heads are set so that a taller head won't work, then you have to dig.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 1:01pm

Are you saying that even the Super 800 is not a good replacement and there are no other brands which could be used?

Thanks,
Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 9:18pm

Any brand that works can be used, but the only "light-bulb" replacement for a Super600 is a Super700

Friday, May 20th 2011, 8:51am

I apologize for my confusion, I guess I am not quite following you. Exactly what do you mean by a ""light-bulb" replacement"? To me, having to adjust the piping to replace heads (using Super 800 or 700) is not quite a "light-bulb" replacement. Perhaps if all I needed was to replace one head. What more would have to be done if using another brand?

Thanks,
Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 20th 2011, 9:51am

If a 20-year-old Super600 is now an inch below grade (because most lawns build up over time) I can replace it with a Super700 just like changing a lightbulb, and the new head will be at a proper height.

-

But never assume you don't have to dig, not if you are going to maintain your own sprinkler system.

FrankG

Unregistered

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 7:45pm

RE: Need to replace Toro Super 600 heads

Recently had to replace Toro Super 600 heads. Only place on earth I could find that still has them is www.wateright.com . They are about $25.00 but are the exact thing you need. :) :)

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 8:35pm

why not by a newer, better quality head for half the price

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 4th 2011, 8:29am

There are a tiny handful of spots I can think of that merit S600 replacement with nothing else, owing to the system needing the spray distance, or trajectory, of the old S600

mike1059

Monday, July 4th 2011, 3:23pm

toro s600

How are the heads mounted, fixed risers or swing pipe with elbows. If on fixed risers switch to swing pipe so you can use any head and won't have to lower the pvc pipe.

Rate this thread