You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 10:17am

Above ground installation of control valves? How?

It seems everything I read is geared toward below surface valve box installation. My situation simply can't accommodate this. I'm dealing with a deck (a first floor deck with a second floor deck that partially overhangs). Below the deck there is a very small bed that's just not large enough for a normal valve box and it's already planted completely. At the front of the property are a few large containers as well. Due to these large variances in elevation, I've split the system into 3 zones. Thus, I have a 3 valve manifold. Again, other than the small bed at ground level, all other ground level surfaces are cement. How do people install valves above ground? Is there a commonly used product or solution for this? I was planning on simple building a small bed of rocks under the deck and placing a normal valve box on it. Is that OK? Are there better alternatives that anyone knows about or has experiences with? Frost/freezing is not a concern.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 9:17pm

Why not turn it into a functional sculpture - make some pipe art - and do post photos of the finished work

WYO

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 9:30pm

Wet_Boots : Why not turn it into a functional sculpture - make some pipe art - and do post photos of the finished work

GAWD your an idiot...

For the initial poster - it sounds like your plan, while not optimal, will work just fine. Good luck!