You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dbart

Starting Member

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 1:48pm

change rainbird spray heads to drip line.

I have 7 spray heads on the same valve or station and would like to change them all to a drip system. How would I go about this?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, May 20th 2011, 9:30am

I think a little more information is needed. After all, typically, spray heads are going to be for watering a lawn, and there isn't a good (i.e. cheap) way to water a lawn with drip irrigation. If however, these spray heads are for flower/shrubery beds, then you've got a couple of options.

The two main keys for drip irrigation is that the water has to have the pressure reduced to around 30 psi and the water needs fine filtration to avoid clogging the small emmitters found in drip irrigation. One way to accomplish this is to go back to the valve and add a filter and pressure regulator just after the valve, then just remove the spray heads and replace them with connections to drip irrigation tubing. The other way to accomplish this is that a conversion kit can be purchased that you insert into the spray-head body. This kit places a filter and regulator inside the spra-head body and provides a threaded connection to use to make a connection to drip tubing. The plus about a kit like this is you don't have to change everything at once, but it will cost more in the end.

Rate this thread