You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JrStone

Friday, May 20th 2011, 6:34pm

Out of ideas

last year system worked normally. I had it winterized. This spring one zone would not work. I found a broken wire to the solenoid and repaired it. Zone did not work. I verified continuity at control panel between neutral and zone wire. I also have 26 vac when zone is turned on all the way to the solenoid wires. I verified flow control valve open and tried to start the flow manually be turning the vent screw on top of valve. No joy. I replaced all parts of the valve with new ones except for the body. No joy in manual or from controller. I did get a water running thru valve noise when trying to start the flow manually but the sound stopped and no heads popped up. I feel like my water pressure is not a factor because I have another valve next to it which uses the same water line and it has plenty of pressure. This other valve by the way, functions when using the contollers but will not start manually at valve. Hmmmm. Any ideas?

mrfixit

Friday, May 20th 2011, 8:25pm

There might be a clogged port in the valve body. I don't know which valve we're talking about.

JrStone

Friday, May 20th 2011, 10:08pm

Out of ideas

The valve is a toro 254 series.
An update since I started the thread. I hooked up the new valve with the wires from the valve next to it and I heard the solenoid for the first time and then it quit. I tried several solenoids but non work at the valve in question. Each solenoid works fine when connected at the controller terminals. I will take the valve apart again and look for port blockage. I also will look for a damaged wire. Thanks.

Rate this thread