You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2Quik

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 4:00pm

Elbow insert size

Hi, i am putting in a sprinkler system and i have a few questions. I have 60 PSI, a 1 inch main water line, about 17 GPM and my water is from irrigation. I am going to us 1" poly as my main line to my 4 valves and you use 1" latter lines to my sprinkler heads. I was thinking of using Rain Bird 32SA rotor heads all through out my yard. I noticed that the insert of the sprinkler head is only 1/2" thread so i would be using a 1" X 1/2" elbow insert. Will i lose presure using the 1" X 1/2" elbow insert with the 1" poly? or should i go with a bigger sprinkler head with a 3/4" thread and use a 1" x 3/4" elbow insert?

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 5:41pm

You are better off using 3/4-inch heads, like a Rainbird 5004, because of the physical strength of the larger connection

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 12:54pm

Pick up some Blazzing Saddles , Some Swing Pipe , Swing pipe fittings, I too recommend the Rain Bird 5004 +, Design head to head coverage, check your flow rates , Read Irrigation Tutor And your off to a good system

2Quik

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 9:45am

Thanks for the replay guys!

The reason i didn't consider the Rainbird 5004 was becuase i don't need the 25'-50' range, that's way to big for my yard. I need something like 15'-32'. If I use the 1" X 1/2" elbow will i lost pressure if so how much? will the 1" x 1/2" affect my sprinkler systems performance.

Thanks!

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 2:17pm

You might want to look at MP-Rotators. The MP2000 throws 13'-21' while the MP3000 throws 22'-30', and you can mix and match the two on one circuit. They use standard spray bodies, with the Rotator replacing the spray head.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 10:24pm

in short... No reducing the pipe from 1" to 1/2 for a single head will not effect your system. This is a standard in the irrigation world

Rate this thread