You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

derrick

Unregistered

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 9:41pm

the sprinklers on one zone are going down after 10-15 mins when timer is set for 60 mins

the sprinklers come on and are spraying fine. 10-15 mins in on a 60 min setting the sprinklers go down and if u walk up to the sprinkler heads they look like there trying to come up a lil but go back down. where do i start?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 10:14pm

Why such high run time ? There's very little need to have a zone run for 60 min.. Of course this is all dependent on design.

What kind of controller do you have?
Is this only one a particular zone?

Check your water meter and calculate your water usage when the zone is running fine ( It's probably in cubic feet) And then when the zone barly works. Does the usage seem the same or when it barly works is the water meter barly moving?

When the zone looses pressure- does any other zones come on around the yard? Some older controllers- if it's programmed in on a second program it will kick on another zone while the other one is still running. New controllers just stack programming and revert back to the second program after the 1st one has finished if they are overlapping.

If it's a particular zone, Id focus on the valve too. It could be failing or that the flow control is turned down just enough to adjust by itself and eventually shutting it self down.. So possibly replace the valve

lagerandale

Friday, May 27th 2011, 7:38pm

If your running off a pump and or preassure tank, I would start there.

Jayhawk

Starting Member

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 4:51pm

Controller

I have an Orbit 9 Station controller. I had an electrician install the controller because I water from a well so it trips a relay switch to start the pump.

Everything seems to be working fine until today when I want to run it manually. I read the manual and do what it says. All works fine for a station or two and then the Controller flashes a "NO Voltage" which means power was lost somewhere. I go and check my leads and all are snug. I try it again going to different stations and it works the same way, a couple of stations work and then it trips the "No Voltage" again and shuts down.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong?

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 6:20pm

What other devices are on the electrical branch the controller is on - any motors?

Rate this thread