You are not logged in.

Friday, May 27th 2011, 7:20am

Design Question for Strip of Grass MP rotator or Traditional?

Hi everyone. My home is on a corner lot and between the sidewalk and the street is a strip of grass that I would like your advice on the best choice to water it. The front of the house has a strip measuring 4.5' x 55' and the side is 4.5' x 120.
Originally I thought that I would use the hunter PRS30 head coupled with the traditional center strip and end strip nozzles (cs-530 and es-515) to do the job. Doing that would require 2 zones. However, although I knew about the MP rotator, I did not know until recently that there were strip nozzles for the MPR. If I use the MPR and its strip nozzles coupled with the PRS40 head, I can water both strips as one zone rather than two, as the MPR nozzles put out less gpm than the other nozzles. The MPR is advertised as a superior nozzle for all the reasons your probably familiar with. FYI, (don't know if it matters) my water pressure is 38psi while throwing 12-13 gpm. (Static is over 50). So my question is, based on your knowledge and experience, which way would you go and why? Thanks.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, May 27th 2011, 8:58am

I personally like the MPRotators, if for no other reason than because of their low flow allowing me to irrigate the lawn and flower beds while using water in the house without any appreciable loss of water pressure.

And since the MP Rotator strips are advertized as adjustable for 4' to 5' widths, they seem ideal for the size strip you have.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, May 27th 2011, 9:05pm

In my experience with them.. There not really side strippy. They shoot out pretty far , I personally don't like them.

For sidewalk grass strips I've always been a fan of Staggered front and back side strips . If it's curved that may not be the best solution because of overspray onto the road.

Have you considered Netafim drip ( this is actually required in some states for sidewalk strips )

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 12:16pm

I used 7 of the MP Side strips for my sidewalk strip and I love them. They over-spray a bit but it isn't really too bad and a LOT less than if I had just stuck MP rotators in and sprayed over the sidewalk to my main lawn. I was able to use the distance limiter to tweak them a bit, but they won't go any less than 4'. My sidewalk strip is only about 4' wide, maybe less.

Rate this thread