You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Terry1

Unregistered

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 6:37pm

One Zone Fails to work

OK..Here's the deal.. My Sprinkler Valves are Superior Controls Model 600 3/4" fitting into Champion 3/4" brass anti-siphon valve.

My Zone 1 sprinkler won't go on. Zone 1 valve is next to Zone 7 valve. I swapped solenoids from Zone 1 to Zone 7 and vice versa. Zone 7 worked. Zone 1 still did not. Rules out solenoid(?). I then wired zone 1 solenoid wires to the Zone 7 wires coming from the timer control and vice versa. The sprinklers normally assigned to Zone & and now wired to the Zone 1 wires worked. Zone 1 still did not.

When I removed the solenoid totally from the Zone 1 valve and turned on the water at the master, Zone 1 sprinklers popped up and worked. I let em run for few minutes then reinstalled the (Good?) solenoid, tried again and nothing, nada, Zip.

If it needs a diaphram, I don't know where to get one. I've looked online but can only find the whole Model 600 unit.

If I need to install the whole unit, I will but first, I need to know how to seperate the unit from the Champion 3/4" Brass Valve that it sits on. Do I twist and pull? Do I pry it up and off? What do I do.

Anyhow..that's the whole spill and I'd like to know 1.) What's wrong 2.) If I need to replace just a part where can I go? 3.) If no parts and I'm only left with replacing the whole unit, how do I seperate the Superior Controls Model 600 plastic adapter from the Champion brass valve?

Thanks folks!!

mrfixit

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 3:08am

Don't bother trying to repair that valve. Please don't buy another one just like it. It's a piece of crap. That's why it's not working.

Replace it with this:

www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_2623dprs.html

Or this:

www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_300s.html

Go to Hydroscape or Ewing. Maybe even John Deere irrigation.

Use two pair of channel locks. One to hold the valve steady so you don't break the pipe and one to unscrew the brass cap. Pipe wrenches will do.

You might want to get a float kit as well. Just take the cap and the parts you find inside with you to the store.

Terry1

Unregistered

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 8:18pm

Thanks for the fast response and cutting to the chase. Different valve it is. No surprise. I just bought this home in December and am almost done with the nickel and dime crap. House is only 5 years old so I'm assuming the valve is too. So "Crap" it is. :D

It looks like I can unscrew the "Crappy" plastic valve adapter from the Champion brass valve. Am I correct in assuming this?

I unscrewed th brass cap and there's a plastic cone shaped part inside. Is this the float?

Thanks for all the help..I'm very grateful that this site is available to backyard mechanics like myself.

mrfixit

Monday, May 30th 2011, 1:10am

Yes and yes and you're welcome.

Minh

Unregistered

Friday, July 1st 2011, 6:26am

Pro 300

Just purchased the valve locator Pro 300 and tried to locate my valve yesterday, but it seems like that thing beeps everywhere and no where near the valve...couldn't locate any valve at all....did I do something wrong? I have the controller inside the garage so I have to connect the ground wire outside by clipping onto a long wire to the ground post....one side of the yard constantly beeping and the other side just leads me to the same area but no valve as found there....and it doesn't matter which zone wire I connect to...it just brings me to the same area...:( any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 9:25am

locating is a skill that takes time to learn

Read through your manuals, watch some of online video's on how to use it.