You are not logged in.

trek508

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 9:49am

Water Gushing from Unknown Tube

We inherited an inground irrigation system with our house. Toro Controller, 8 zones, was working fine until now. Main valve at the street. Once it is on, water gushes from the white tube shown in the picture. Just started happening. I have no idea what this white tube is. I have found a few of the white tubes. Some sort of backflow or something. I am not sure what else to explain. There are valve boxes throughout the yard for each region. Any thoughts on what these white tubes are and what the issue might be?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 11:14am

all the heads are working?

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 2:09pm

It looks like someone set it up for a dripline but never finished it since you have mutiple pipes sticking out of the ground. It could be you have a stuck valve that was intended to run that dripline.

trek508

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:12am

All the heads are working. There is a drip line zone on the control panel that I never knew what is was for. Never seemed to do anything. I will check for a stuck valve. That was my plan at this point. Thanks for the feedback. Issue started late last year when a neighbor messed with my main water lines because he thought they were his. Might have turned water on too fast and blew a valve.

Thanks

trek508

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:28am

Any issues if I just cap the white tubes off? I do not have a need for them. I do think they are some form of ancillary watering method.

ldcxyz

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:52am

you will want to find the valve that operates that zone and correct the problem at that point. If you were to cap off those lines, there would be no way to winterize that zone, and you would have multiple broken pipes to deal with (assuming that your winters get below freezing) which I assume since you are just turning on your water.

Rate this thread