You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

outdoorjunkie

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:25am

Design Error

Hello All!

Well here is my first post :)

I installed my own irrigation system last week. I have a small problem with the design on my front yard.... I have to many sprinklers in one area and is over watering causing drop in pressure for some sprinklers in the same zone. not to mention is creating a mud holes in the lower spots.... Is the only solution to this is to dig out the the none need it sprinklers? Is there a way to shut down the sprinkler and not have it pop up so the pressure can continue to the next sprinkler?

Thank You for the help.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 3:50pm

One obvious solution to over-watering in one zone is to water that zone for less time than the others.

What sort of sprinkler heads did you use? If you used standard sprays (not rotors), it's possible to replace the sprays with MP Rotators. The Rotators are sort of a cross between sprays and rotors. They usually require less water than sprays, which would improve the performance of the heads farther down the line that currently have too little pressure.

outdoorjunkie

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 4:25pm

HooKooDooku,

Thanks for the reply.

I did lower the time on that specific zone. Due to my ignorance on the irrigation world (First Timer) I bought Orbit Sprinklers from Lowes.... After I found that my timer does not suit my needs I started searching the internet and I stumble across this site and sprinklerwarehouse.com where I bought the Timer that I need... Thanks for the information. I am off to buy new sprinklers with MP Rotator feature.

Thanks!

outdoorjunkie

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 2:49pm

Actually I solve my own problem today.

After looking at my design a few times I sort of slap my self a few times.... I made the mistake of not closing in the pipe lay out in zone one.... So when the zone will activate the water would just keep going in circles and since the water did not stop any where pressure was not been built up. Today I re dig one side and caped off the zone and sure enough everything is awesome!

Thanks for the help. :)