You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

foneman02

Starting Member

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 10:00pm

how to trouble shoot start motor pump relay

I tried to restart my rainbird sprinkler system this spring but the system will not come on.I noticed the display on the controller was blank.So I replaced the 9 volt battery and the display flashed 12:00 as i expected it would.I tried to set the time but could not get the display to change.I pressed the manual start button and the pump relay would not engage.The system shows zone 1 on but the power to the pump is not kicking on. When the system starts I usually can hear the relay engage. After a few hours I tried again to reset the controller and was able to set date. time . etc... and so on. I tried again to manually start the system but no sound at the relay box. I unscrewed the relay faceplate and checked power to the blue and yellow wires of the relay and got 110 volts into the relay. But no power to the pump blue and yellow wires.At the controller wires inside the relay box how much voltage should I be able to read across the controller leads? I'm trying to figure out if the relay is bad or the system controller. Is there a fuse inside the rainbird controller that sends voltage to the relay to start the pump? :(

Rate this thread