You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CMD

Monday, June 6th 2011, 7:16am

Sprinklers Will Not Turn Off

Hello All,
New member here, I hoping someone will be able to offer some assistance to this weird problem I am having.
I have a very strange problem with my sprinkler system. I bought my house last
June and didn't use the sprinkler system other than a couple of times on
manual.

This year I have been able to put some attention into the lawn
and have started using the system (Hunter controller and heads). The house is
only three yrs old and the system was installed when the house was
built.

The problem I am having is once the sprinklers go on according to
the program I have set up, they repeat themselves. What I mean is all three
zones start at the correct times and run for the amount of time that I have set,
but once zone three is finished zone one goes back on again for the full amount
of time, then zone two etc. I have never let it get past zone two on the second
time so I don't know if it would just keep going.

I went through all the
settings on the controller multiple times and couldn't find anything that I
thought would cause it to go off again. I figured the controller was bad and
this past Friday I installed a new Hunter XC400i X-Core controller. Well, the
system went off again this morning as set and guess what, same
problem.

Before I get a chance to call the company and ask them some
questions I figure I would run it by you good folks on the board.

Albion D Visser

Unregistered

Monday, June 6th 2011, 9:31am

RE: Sprinklers Will Not Turn Off

<br><blockquote class="wysiwygQuote" username="CMD" linkhref="index.php?page=Thread&amp;postID=16520#post16520">Hello All,<br>New member here, I hoping someone will be able to offer some assistance to this weird problem I am having.<br>I have a very strange problem with my sprinkler system. I bought my house last <br>June and didn't use the sprinkler system other than a couple of times on <br>manual.<br><br>This year I have been able to put some attention into the lawn <br>and have started using the system (Hunter controller and heads). The house is <br>only three yrs old and the system was installed when the house was <br>built.<br><br>The problem I am having is once the sprinklers go on according to <br>the program I have set up, they repeat themselves. What I mean is all three <br>zones start at the correct times and run for the amount of time that I have set, <br>but once zone three is finished zone one goes back on again for the full amount <br>of time, then zone two etc. I have never let it get past zone two on the second <br>time so I don't know if it would just keep going.<br><br>I went through all the <br>settings on the controller multiple times and couldn't find anything that I <br>thought would cause it to go off again. I figured the controller was bad and <br>this past Friday I installed a new Hunter XC400i X-Core controller. Well, the <br>system went off again this morning as set and guess what, same <br>problem.<br><br>Before I get a chance to call the company and ask them some <br>questions I figure I would run it by you good folks on the board.</blockquote><br>

worachj

Advanced Member

Monday, June 6th 2011, 10:56am

Sounds like you have multiple start times. You do not need a start time for each station. You only need one start time to activate all stations sequentially in a program (A, B, C). If you have multiple start times they will stack and begin the program again after it has finished.

CMD

Monday, June 6th 2011, 2:45pm

So where I can enter a start time for each zone, I don't need to do that? Just enter a start time for Zone 1 and leave the others blank as they will start in sequentil order?

CMD

Monday, June 6th 2011, 2:50pm

ok, I made the change. It is set to go off on Wednesday so I will see if I still have a problem then. Thanks for the info.

worachj

Advanced Member

Monday, June 6th 2011, 3:26pm

You give programs start times; you give stations (zones) run times. A program is made up of stations and will start at the start time. Each station will run one at a time in sequential order for the length of their run time.

Example: Say you want Stations 1, 2, 3 to come on at 8:00. You add stations 1, 2 and 3 to program A and say you give each station a run time of 10 minutes. Give program A one start time of 8:00. Each station will water for 10 minutes. Station 1 will start at 8:00; station 2 will start at 8:10 when station 1 finishes; zone 3 will start at 8:20 when station 2 finishes.

Each program can be made up of any of your stations and have up to 4 start times.

Programs can have multiple start time. Say you want program A to water at 8:00 AM, 2:00 PM. You would give program A two start times of 8:00 AM and 2:00PM.

Rate this thread