You are not logged in.

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 30th 2003, 9:39am

Rainbird or something else

I've been installing sprinkler systems for the past two summers and have got a real good grasp of what I'm doing. I've been thinking about going out on my own and starting my own business. The guy that I have been working for really favors rainbird. 1800 sprays, 5004 plus gear drives, rainbird valves, wilkins double check, recently switched from the irritrol timer to the newest rainbird timer with the modules, we use poly pipe instead of pvc, and run funny pipe to the heads. Does all of this sound like the best way, with the best products. If you feel differently about any of it please let me know. I need to know that I'm giving my costumers the best system.
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 30th 2003, 5:49pm

Very good choice! There's nothing I can't disagree with that you install. I use Watts PVB, that's the only difference. I also use Hunter PGP's when certain conditions require it

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Wednesday, October 1st 2003, 8:58am

What are the conditions that require the Hunter PGP's?
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 1st 2003, 3:23pm

Lol,

I should really just say that I prefer them and the 5000's I use the 5004's for more closer in watering, such as a smaller area than, because I like the Rainbird nozzles better than Hunter. I use the PGP quite often, basically it's just a matter of choice.

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Friday, October 3rd 2003, 7:26am

Is there much difference between the wilkins and Watts PVB?

PS- RVLI I have a question for you about blazing saddle t's. The question is in the miscellaneous section under saddle vs. barbed t's. THnx
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, October 3rd 2003, 12:31pm

Nothing much. I'm not sure if Wilkins has it, but I like the FR (freeze resistant) option on the Watt's PVB.

bigharold58

Monday, November 1st 2004, 2:56am

In my most recet experiences, the Rainbird 5004's have outperformed the Hunter PGP's - nozzle coverage and distance of throw.
Harold L. Williams

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:08am

We use All Hunter product for install and All Manufacturers for repair

Nestor's Sprinklers
Alpharetta,Ga.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com