You are not logged in.

rspfau

Starting Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:12pm

programming for every other week?

I have a Rainbird ESP-LX and would like to water 1 inch *every other week* to reduce water usage to a minimum. I've read the manual for the controller, and I'm about convinced that there's no way to do this--I think I'll be forced to water every week because I can't see how to program it for every other week (or else activate it manually). Does anyone know of a way to program it that I'm overlooking?

Many thanks!!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:15pm

The Old RC Rainbird Controllers sound great for that application. Welcome all other comments!!!
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:57pm

what location supports watering a lawn only once in a two-week period?

mrfixit

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 7:34pm

See if this applies to your controller.

Cyclical

Water every 2 to 14 days

F
Press the UP and DOWN arrow button(s) until Cyclical: Every _ Day is blinking; then press the SELECT button.

G
The CYCLICAL WATERING screen will appear and the value for Water Every X Days will be blinking.

a.
Press the - or + button(s) to enter a value of between 2 and 14 days between irrigation cycles; then press the NEXT button.

b.
The date to Begin Watering dd mmm will begin to blink. Press the - or + button(s) to set the date in which you want the first irrigation cycle to begin; then press the NEXT button; the BLOCK ON SPECIFIC DAY OF WEEK screen will appear.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:08pm

Why not water half inch every week?

Like fixit says your controller should have the cyclical programming.. Though I know some only go to 7 days. most new controllers go up to 30 days.

Rate this thread