You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

benso37

Unregistered

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 11:06pm

Rainbird 5000 plus arc adjust

I purchased a hand full of rainbird 5000 plus rotors from sprinkler warehouse a week ago and I just got around to install four of them. Instruction to adjust the arc states to turn the turret to the left until it locks, then use a screw driver to adjust to the desired arc. However, I am having problems getting the turret to lock to the left. These are the full circle heads and I can turn the turrets on all 7 counterclockwise (360 degrees), they don't lock to the left so I don't know what's going on. I can't adjust the arc to the desired position.

Am I missing something? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be shocked if all 7 heads are bad.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 11:15pm

Sounds like you bought the wrong sprinkler head... you bought the Full Circle Rain Bird 5000 + It says on the webpage these are non adjustable arc. they were designed to go 360 only

The ones you should have bought were these

doh!

benso37

Unregistered

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 11:33pm

Well, that's a big duh. I definitely overlooked that part of the description.

I don't think I need the seal-a-matic version. Will this one do?

Thanks for the quick response.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 12:38am

Yeah a non checked head will do just fine!

Rate this thread