You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aswilburn

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 1:32am

Good filter?

Where can i get a good filter with low pressure loss, I'm putting it in front of my DCA, and can some one please describe to me what non toxic means? I mean im gonna put feritlizer on the ground and water it, not actually inject it into the system? Should i be worried about my health? Also What is the deal with, regular dca's and lead free dca's! Thinking of useing a Febco 850, they have both type?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 8:09am

California likes lead-free plumbing, and what California wants, the market will provide. By the way, the Febco 850 is always referred to as a DCVA, and not by any other abbreviation.

A simple Wye Strainer is all you would need upstream of a backflow preventer, if you are on city water.