You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pidge

Friday, June 17th 2011, 8:54am

Question on richdel 500 series control box

Hi everyone this is my first posting and I'm new to the sprinkler system process.my question is I bought a new old home with a system in place and I discovered a well on my property.I'm getting tons of water but my question is that I want to run a zone for 15 min then stop for 45 min to let the well recupe then start another zone with the same time frame.Whts happening is that zone 1 say starts and runs for 15 min then zone two starts right after zone one with no lag time.I've gone to the control box and have start time 6 am next start 7 am etc but it just runs through the cycles without stopping.Our water table is high now but come Aug it will be a different story, any ideas? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 17th 2011, 10:30am

Buy a new controller that has an adjustable delay between zones, like a Hunter Pro-C

mrfixit

Friday, June 17th 2011, 1:37pm

I cut and paste the out of the Pro-C's manual.

1) Programmable Delay Between Stations

This feature allows the user to insert a delay

between when one station turns off and the next

station turns on. This is very helpful on systems

with slow closing valves or on pump systems that

are operating near maximum flow or have slow

well recovery.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Pro-C-Series-Controllers-Timers-s/83.htm

pidge

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 10:02am

richdel 500 series

Thanks for the replies, both good advice.I dropped in at a irregation shop yesterday to see if these old controller boxes did have a delay with the time zones and he said the same thing you guys did.Thanks again.

Rate this thread