You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 8th 2003, 10:11am

Word of mouth is best but he needs some initial clients to get that going. So, the question should be what else works and what type is best return on investment?
Thanks,

Pete

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 8th 2003, 10:39am

I would hang door hangers or flyers in the neighborhoods I wanted to service....I would pick a neighborhood that you have seen other irrigation companies working in the past....I would hang door hangers every 4-6 weeks there....that is what I would do.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Wednesday, October 8th 2003, 2:51pm

Our advertisements in the newspaper very effective?
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 8th 2003, 3:21pm

I use a small newspaper ad every week of the year just to keep my name around town and noticed. That is about it. Other than that I am word of mouth and fliers/doorhangers.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 9th 2003, 4:31am

I would probably stay away from big newspapers...we don't do small ones either. The door hangers are probably your best bet...cheaper than other forms of advertising.

Then hit up your happy customers for referrals.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Friday, October 10th 2003, 7:53am

I hadn't thought of the door hangers. That sounds like a good one.
Is there anything else that you guys feel is important for me to know before beginning my business? Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, October 10th 2003, 1:39pm

Doorhangers are a great idea, what I do is print out fliers and put them in doorbags. I also just put an ad in the paper for winterizations.

You can find the doorbags here:
http://www.realgreenforms.com/computer/10Browse.asp

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 7:55am

I was wondering how do you usually go about bidding a job. The guy a worked for would step off the yard. Charge $20 dollars for every spray head(rainbird 1800)to be installed and $50 dollars for every gear drive(rainbird 5004 plus)to be installed then he adds a $1000 dollars (for tying in the main, the valves, timer, etc.), then he may add some here and there for boring under sidewalks, or for other things here and there.
ie. a job will require 10 gear drives, 50 sprays - cost = 10*50 + 50*20 + 1000 = $2500. Does this sound good, or does it sound like high bidding?
Bhungue2

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 8:55am

How much profit on a system like that?

What I do is add all the matierials (pipe, heads, valves, ect) with the labor.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 19th 2003, 3:48pm

yea i do what RVLI said too. Hunter makes doorhangers found in their online store, you can choose from a few each having a really snappy slogan, where you can have them personlize them with your co name and phone, or you can do it yourself. Check em out... Hunterindustries.com Click online store.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread