You are not logged in.

grey

Advanced Member

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 4:58pm

Calling for expert advice. Sprinkler layout

I am in the process of designing my first sprinkler system. Following irrigationtutorials.com I came to the point of sprinkler head placement. After all pressure losses I have 30-35 PSI for sprinkler heads so I don't want to stretch spacing more than 30 ft. I am thinking on using something like Hunter PGJs and some PGPs. I have 11-12 GPM available with 60 PSI static. I am concerned about areas marked with red stars and red space in the second picture as there is not 100% overlap in the first picture. In the second picture coverage in the center seems less than along the perimeter. What is your opinion?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 5:23pm

Avoid the mini-rotors, and stick with PGP heads and/or popup sprays

grey

Advanced Member

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 5:35pm

What's wrong with mini-rotors?
Do I have adequate coverage on my plan?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 6:41pm

Reliability issues - design isn't fatally weak, but I figure you redraw it, once you lose mini-rotors

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:40am

I'm not an expert but recently did my own small install successfully. Why don't you want to add heads to the center of the property?

In my case I planned carefully, installed it and then made an adjustment or two to get proper coverage. Actually going from my plan on paper to actually measuring with a tape on the property caused my entire plan to change. But I had a very unique watering area.

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 12:43pm

I've made some changes to my plan and it seems to be working out better than that.
Well, yes I carefully measured the property to begin with.

here's my backyard plan with some corrections. 1 square is 10 ft. Disregard numbers. I guess will be sticking with Hunters PGJ or Rainbird 3500. Haven't decided yet.

By the way I found pretty cool software Pro Contractor Studio. You can download demo version. You can draw your plan,. It has database of all sprinklers with specs. In there you can check water distribution. I checked my design and it looks good. At least in an ideal world. I shall see the real world performance :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "grey" (Jun 21st 2011, 6:36pm)

Rate this thread