You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 20th 2011, 5:14pm

3/4" pipe to 1/2" sprinkler?

Stumbled across this forum- looks like a great source of info as I undertake some landscaping projects in the coming years!

Just moved into a new house and am trying to whip the irrigation system into shape. The existing system had several missing heads- I have replaced most of them without problems (Hunter PGPs), but one zone has me stumped. This is a long skinny stretch of grass that is ~12ft wide x 60ft long. There are 6 sprinklers in the zone- 3 staggered on each side lengthwise. 5 of them are missing, and the one sprinkler that is still there is a Hunter PGP, which seems like an overkill for the area given the grass is only 12 ft wide and the heads are ~15 ft apart.

Any recommendations? Is it okay to install 1/2" sprinklers from the 3/4" pipe, assuming I find an adapter?

servicetechMA

Advanced Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 6:16pm

ya that shouldnt be a problem and has to be done anyways,use funnypipe too. probably a little late for the response but maybe somone else is wandering