You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 12:06am

Hunter PGP too long for 25'?

Based on the charts PGP is not optimal for these distances. If I use the smallest nozzle the GPM would be too low. Is that correct? My pressure is about 30-35 PSI.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 7:48am

is your pressure 30-35 static or dynamic?

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 12:37pm

dynamic, after all pressure loss calculations.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 9:54pm

Based on the charts If your zone is designed properly- They will throw about 30'

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 9:55pm

Smaller nozzle gpm just means longer run time... It's actually a good thing to have

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:02pm

Reading your other posts and that you are starting up your own system.

My personal recommendation of rotors are the Rain Bird 5004 +

In my opinion these heads are far superior then pgp's. With using your difuser, flow control ( at the head) and low angle's ( if need be) you can get this head to water almost any area

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 11:06pm

Thanks for reply Mitchgo. I didn't check 5004 yet but aren't they the same range as PGPs? As far as using smaller nozzles I read recommendations not to use less than 2 GPM nozzles since little wind blow away water. Then again I'm no professional just reading and open to suggestions.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 11:31pm

the pgp and 5000 are essential the same, though the 5000 has the ability to control flow and actually turn off the rotor. The pgp doesn't ( though the hunter i20 does)

It's true wind will push the water. It's recommended to water early morning where in most places in the world- the wind is the least in the morning. However, if designed properly wind shouldn't be a huge deal . Or design it to compensate for a constant wind application.

2gpm a nozzle is fine. I generally don't go lower then 2

Have you consideredMPR Rotator nozzles?

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 12:59am

Not really. I read their reviews seems a little finicky. I think I will be going with Hunter PGJ or Rainbird 3500.

Rate this thread