You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dflow

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:20am

How do I change a Rain Bird Maxi Paw 2045A

Just bought a new home and one of the sprinkler heads in broken. How do I replace a Rain Bird Maxi Paw sprinkler head model # 2045A. Please help. :rolleyes:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:36am

Buy a Maxipaw wrench

Dflow

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:43am

Maxi Paw Wrench

What retailers carry the wrench?

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 2:08pm

Clean out the existing maxi-paw with a hose. Unscrew the innards with the wrench you've bought at the home depot. Replace with new guts from a new maxi-paw. No digging needed in most cases.

vkaura

Monday, August 1st 2011, 11:19pm

What if the Maxi Paw guts wont unscrew?

I am having trouble getting the guts of Rain-Bird Maxi-paw out of the casing. I am using their special wrench but the corners where the wrench is supposed to grip have worn out and become rounded - so no hold. Question: short of breaking the guts ( I'd rather not damage the pipe connection the outer casing) is there a way to dis-mental the guts of Maxi-paw from the top? All suggestions appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 4:34am

buy a new head and forget about using the wrench

Rate this thread