You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jjmhj1

Starting Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 2:46pm

Station 2 does not work

Hello,

New to this forum so I will try and be as detailed and short as possible. I have a 6 zone system and zone number 2 is out.
Here are the facts:
1) The solenoid is good, I have tested it on other stations and it is new.
2) The valve works manually.
3) Port number 2 in the main box works. I know this because I put other wires from other ports into this port and those stations all came on.

I have two questions:
1) Even though the valve on station number 2 turns on manually, could it be causing the problem and still need to be replaced?
2)There are two wires that connect station to station, one red and one white. Since station 2 is in the middle of other stations (and those stations all work) I would assume that the wires have electricity running through them and therefor it would not be an issue of a cut wire. Am I wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 6:08pm

guessing about wiring is a waste of time - use a multimeter to measure the resistance of this zone wiring - also, valves can fail to open for purely mechanical reasons

mrfixit

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 7:14pm

If you don't know how to do what boots suggested try this.

Move the wires from valve two to the valve next to it and see if it activates. If not it's a bad wire.

If it does the problem is probably the diaphragm.

Rate this thread