You are not logged in.

Rollinst

Starting Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 7:05pm

Lawn Pump will not deliver water

I'm having issues with my lawn pump. I have a 1 1/2 hp pump and a 65 foot well. The pump was working fine and now it will not pump water. I primed the pump to discover that I had a cracked PVC line between the pump and the zone control head. Replaced all my upper PVC pipes and still the same problem. Thought it was my check valve, so I replaced all the lower PVC and check valve. While the system was apart I wanted to check the pump and the well separately. I rigged a 18 gal tub of water under the pump/PVC and check valve and turned on the pump. It sucked all 18 gals in about 60 seconds activating the sprinkler heads. (Pump good) Next I wanted to check the well. I lowered a garden hose to the bottom of the well to see if the well was dry. It wasn't, so I thought maybe the screen was plugged. I put 2 gal of Muriatic acid down the well and waited overnight. Lowered a high pressure hose attachment to clean any excess build-up in the pipe. Then I hooked it all back up, turned the pump on and ran it 15 minutes and it’s still not pulling up water. I can’t think of what else to do. Please help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 10:55pm

What is the depth of the water in this well?