You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rollinst

Starting Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 7:05pm

Lawn Pump will not deliver water

I'm having issues with my lawn pump. I have a 1 1/2 hp pump and a 65 foot well. The pump was working fine and now it will not pump water. I primed the pump to discover that I had a cracked PVC line between the pump and the zone control head. Replaced all my upper PVC pipes and still the same problem. Thought it was my check valve, so I replaced all the lower PVC and check valve. While the system was apart I wanted to check the pump and the well separately. I rigged a 18 gal tub of water under the pump/PVC and check valve and turned on the pump. It sucked all 18 gals in about 60 seconds activating the sprinkler heads. (Pump good) Next I wanted to check the well. I lowered a garden hose to the bottom of the well to see if the well was dry. It wasn't, so I thought maybe the screen was plugged. I put 2 gal of Muriatic acid down the well and waited overnight. Lowered a high pressure hose attachment to clean any excess build-up in the pipe. Then I hooked it all back up, turned the pump on and ran it 15 minutes and it’s still not pulling up water. I can’t think of what else to do. Please help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 10:55pm

What is the depth of the water in this well?