You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 10:42am

I Need Help Please

I need help please. I have a 4 zone Rainbird system with 1 1/2 hp submersible pump in the river. The system is 10 years old but the pump is new. When pump was installed several weeks ago, everything worked well for a time. Now zone 1, furthest from the river, is not working. Zone 1 also has a new valve, just installed. When zone 1 starts, water gets to the rotors initially, and they start spraying, but then the spray fizzles out, and they continue with either a very weak spray or just bubbling. When the water is going through the pipe at the zone 1 valve, it makes loud gurgling noises like the flow is not consistent. None of the other valves make that sound. The pressure at the other 3 zones is really good, and it was really good at zone 1 when the new pump was installed. Any idea?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 8:19pm

Make sure the heads are clean. They have internal screens. Consider capping off one or more heads as an aid to finding a leak that hasn't shown itself yet.

Monday, June 27th 2011, 6:23am

I Need Help Please

Thanks Wet Boots. Do you think the loud gurgling of the water as it flows into the valve is significant? Like the flow has big bubbles or burps as it gets to the valve? I am just a homeowner -- not a tech -- and my knowledge is very limited.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 27th 2011, 7:08am

If you had an above-ground pump, it would be very significant. Otherwise, it may indicate a leak somewhere uphill of the heads in the zone, which is sucking in air when the zone is off and water finds its level at the sprinkler heads.

Rate this thread