You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lkc91311

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 10:44pm

superior control valve on when supposed to be off, off when supposed to be on.

I just installed a new Superior automatic brass actuator control valve into an existing brass body. When I turned on the water, the sprinklers came on, even though the zone was "off" per the control box timer. I thought maybe it has to "cycle" through to get in sync. I manually turned the zone on (through the control box timer), and the actuator turned off. As soon as the cycle timed out, the actuator turned back on. So, it's on when it should be off, and off when it should be on. I bled the actuator, same thing. I reversed the wiring, no change. It's as if the magnet is on when it should be off and off when it should be on. This makes no sense to me. Please help!

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, June 27th 2011, 12:00am

Is the valve body the same make/ model?

mrfixit

Monday, June 27th 2011, 4:37am

Does the valve adapter turn off when you disconnect the wire? I'm thinking it does. It's either wired wrong or the controller's bad.

Did you change the valve adapter because it had the same symptoms?

Rate this thread