You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lkc91311

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 11:25pm

Superior control valve on when supposed to be off and off when supposed to be on.

I had an automatic control valve that would not turn on via the controller (other valves on the controller worked fine). I replaced it with a Superior 800 series brass automatic valve, into a Champion brass body. 3/4". After connecting, I turned on the water supply and the valve was open -- sprinklers on. I thought maybe the valve had to sync with the controller, so I put in 2 minutes and turned the valve on (per the controller). the valve immediately turned off. When the two minutes were up, the valve turned back on, even though it was supposed to be off. So it is on (sprinklers running) when it is supposed to be off, and turns off only when it's cycle is "on". I bled the valve, same thing. Reversed the wiring, same thing. Removed it and then reinstalled, same thing. It runs until the controller turns it "on", and that shuts it off. Please help!

Rate this thread