You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

quantass

Unregistered

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 11:52am

Orbit Voyager II -- Leakage at Popup area

I have an Orbit Voyager II sprinkler head. It works fine but on closer inspection while the unit is operational / spraying i notice the area where it pops up from (where the base of the popup meets the top of the container it is normally housed in when not operational) there is water bubbling out from there. It is enough gush to concern me.

What is the solution or do i need a new head?

Thanks

seansy59

Advanced Member

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 12:01pm

If you have to dig the head up to fix it (which you do), I would just replace the head.

Its the riser/wiper seal thats worn out. Just go get a new one. It ain't worth replace the seal.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

quantass

Unregistered

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 12:47pm

If you have to dig the head up to fix it (which you do), I would just replace the head.

Its the riser/wiper seal thats worn out. Just go get a new one. It ain't worth replace the seal.
Ahh so the seal. A new sprinkler head is $27. The seal, if avail at Home Depot, i cant imagine it being more than a few cents but i've never looked at such things before. Can the seal be bought separately at any hardware store?

mike1059

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 11:05pm

seals for orbit heads

I personaly have never seen wiper seals sold seperatly for orbit heads. As well as the seal being worn out there could be enough wear on the riser that a new seal may leak so my experiance leads me to just replace a worn head instead of trying to fix the seals.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 1:43am

yeah right

That stupid head is like $8 or $9 at home depot

Purchase the seal and have fun dealing with it . It's not worth the time to install it. The pgp is exactly the same as your voyager

Ace Explorer

Unregistered

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 10:26am

Orbit Wiper Seals

The wiper seals do age and change size so that they either leak or, in some cases, prevent the retraction of the head. I have called Orbit's customer service line and they have kindly offered to send me replacements. I will not have to replace the head, just the removable upper cap. I suggest to anyone else who is having problems with the wiper seals to call Orbit in the same way that I did. The manufacturer needs to know that their product is experiencing some problems with how their wiper seals age and hopefully they will be able to make an improvement. If they don't make a change, then they will risk alienating and losing their base of installed users to other manufacturers who may currently offer a more trouble-free product. Other than this wiper seal aging problem, I have had no problems with my 60+ Orbit heads installed throughout my property.

Rate this thread