You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rmbuchalski

Starting Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:46pm

Water On, Sprinkler Off, Sogging section of lawn

We recently turned on sprinkler system on and tested it, all the heads were working fine. The next day we noticed a section of our yard was very soggy; not necessarily the grass but it felt like water was under the sod/lawn. We unplugged the sprinkler but nothing changed. We then shut off the water supply, and the next day water was gone, everything was back to normal. We didn't install the system, it was here when we bought the house and have always had a professional winterize it for us. I have no idea what could be wrong. I opened the control box and there were 5 circular knobs with 2 red wires running out of the top and between each other. I am not sure why there are only 5 when we have 8 zones (I thought it was one valve for each zone - if in fact these "knobs" are valves). There might be more but they are randomly buried throughout the box. Does anyone have any insight into what might be the problem? Our system is a TORO, Model 188-96-12 from 1998.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 9:26pm

Sounds like you have a leak .

Either your main line is cracked/ bad fitting or you have a partially stuck valve and water is seaping out

Rate this thread