You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jazzmagic

Starting Member

Friday, July 8th 2011, 9:23pm

Problems locating bad valve

Can someone help me locate which valve is bad, I don't know what zone it is. The valves are Irritrol 2400s

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 8th 2011, 10:06pm

follow the wires - pros use tracking equipment

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 2:31am

I don't understand how you don't know which zone is bad.

I mean if you have 5 zones and zones 1-4 work but 5 doesn't.. Then you know zone 5 is bad.

If you can't figure this out then maybe it's best to get in irrigation company in to figure it all out for you

If this isn't the case any you are physically looking for the valve. Do what boots suggested.

exsprinklerman

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 10:16pm

Agree that the question is ambiguous. There are two basic ways to tell which valves go with each sprinkler heads. Turn valves on manually by loosening the solenoid or open the controller and figure out which wires go with which zones. Then look in the valve boxes and see which colors are hooked to which valves. As long as someone did not swap colors you that should be enough. Generally if a valve will not operate electronically either it is not getting power or the solenoid is bad. Check for voltage first if you have voltage change the solenoid out.

Rate this thread