You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jwhouse58

Starting Member

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 2:49pm

8 Zone Rotary Index Valve with Cracked Body

I bought the house in 2000 with the lawn system already in place. The house was built around 1987. The problem I am working is the 8 Zone rotary index valve, of which 7 zones are used, has numerous cracks in the upper portion of the valve body. When I run the lawn pump water shoots out of the index valve, putting moisture in places I don't want. I still get reasonable flow to the spinklers, so I have continued to use it, but I'm looking for a fix. I've tried JB weld to cover over these cracks but the water pressure just pushes through this type of repair. I have looked on-line for a replacement 8 Zone roatary index valve, but I only find them for 1 inch diameter systems. My system is an older K-rain that is 11/4 inch diameter. Another possible solution I have already considered is using a 6 zone valve and tie two zones of my 7 zone system togeather.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 3:03pm

a one-inch indexer will be fine see this performance chart

Rate this thread