You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Coach H

Starting Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 1:17pm

Wiring the Pump Start relay

I have a pump start relay box and a 2hp well pump. The pump can be wired for 230 . Can the pump start relay be wired for 230 volts and how do I do it. I have a Orbit timer box also. Need help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 2:37pm

Dude, you don't play guessing games when it comes to this stuff. Find the manufacturer's instructions for the relay, which should also inform you what it is rated for.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, July 11th 2011, 12:18am

To start- you need to have a 240 dedicated circuit . Which you probably don't have a spare

Matt Dildy

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 11:39am

most pumps come with a second leg 230v option but there is really no reason to wire them for 230v. as the previous posters stated if this is something you are at all unsure about....dont do it....call a professional otherwise you run the risk of personal harm and at the very least burning up alot of money on a new pump and pump relay once your have fried the first set.

Rate this thread