You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

zipcode

Starting Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 5:26pm

Hunter SRC 600 programing

I have a hunter SRC 600. I've had a hell of a time understanding the instructions. The system seems to come on when ever it wants! I'm sure it's ooperator error. I have all the programs except A (B,C,D) set to 'OFF" for all 4 stations. (I know it has six but apparently they only used 4).
On program "A", I have station "1" starting at 4:00am, station "2" at 4:30am, station "3" at 5:00am and station "4" at 5:30am. I have each station set to run for 30 minutes. Stations 5 and 6 are set to "OFF".
On a "Forum", I read that you only need to set Station 1 to a start time and the rest of the stations automatically follow and my issue is too many start times in program 1. I'm not sure I understand that and if I'm suppose to ONLY set Program A, Station 1 to a start time, (I.E. 4:00am) what should Program A, Stations 2, 3, 4,5, 6 be set to. Help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 6:00pm

Start over - you have made the most common "operator error" known, which is to program a sprinkler controller like it was a video recorder.

You have only one start time showing when the controller is brand new, and that is "Program A ~ Start Time 1" - Notice that the start time does not refer to a particular station or zone. That's because it doesn't. It refers to the program designated by the letter A, and its first start time. All the other start times for program A are set to "Off" and that's the way it should remain.

You never have any settings for when any particular zone starts. It's the program that starts, and it only has to start once, for all the zones in that program to operate in sequence.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, July 11th 2011, 12:24am

Program > Start Time for program> days to water> Zone run time

Best to keep it to 1 program with ONLY 1 start time

Rate this thread