You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kbmiller.tr

Starting Member

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 8:25pm

Odd sprinkler problem

I have a small lawn with sprayheads. The system worked fine for a long time (2 1/2 yrs). Recently, the spray heads stopped popping up during the scheduled run time. I found a manual gate valve for the sprinklers, and shut it off during the scheduled run time. I waited about 1 minute, then opened it back up. I could hear the release in pressure as water ran down the system to the spray heads, and with that sudden rush of water, the spray heads popped up and operated perfectly normal. At this point I can reliably operate that zone by shutting the gate valve for a short period, and then open it back up. Obviously, this is not a practical way to water the lawn. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be causing the problem? The irrigation system also has one other zone running drip emitters. That zone operates normally. I'm very new to this, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, July 11th 2011, 12:49am

Sounds like you have a broken pipe / sprinkler head and or fitting. Leave the zone running and walk around looking for wet area's.

You can also use your water meter as a guide to know if you have a pipe break (from the amount of water usage ) or if you have a clogged pipe/ flow control turned down

Rate this thread