You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 12:33am

Valve won't close

We have an old system with 11 zones in 2 boxes. Hardie 3/4 valves and 1" lines, all downsized to fit. Hardie valves are small and it's difficult to replace them within the same space.

I had to turn off the water to the whole system in mid July, high desert with new grass seedlings coming up.

One has broken DEEP inside, the brass wire that holds the actual valve in place with a spring inside.

I used to be able to order the entire Hardie replacement valve from Basic Irrigation Parts, then I was able to order all the guts, now all I can get is the diaphragm replacement kit.

So this time I'm calling the pros, I need a new manifold with all new valves for at least 5 zones. It's too bad, I'm an expert at repairing these valves but they don't have the parts anymore.

Would it be to my advantage to buy the new valves myself or just take whatever they happen to have? One plumbing contractor wanted $1100 for a six zone manifold, crazy, I would never do that.

I could just cut out the manifold myself with a sawzall and figure out as I went how to rebuild it with new valves but I am tired of this, and I can afford to hire someone.

Any suggestions?

Maggy

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 12:11pm

That valve is still being manufactured today, as the Irritrol 700B-.75

Rate this thread